As today’s headlines from around the globe remind us- now more than ever- we need to explore new ways to organize, collaborate, and strengthen our communities. With this lofty, but essential goal in mind, we have planned to conduct Advanced Level Appreciative Inquiry Training for 3rd batch in 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The Appreciative Inquiry Approach is a strengths revolution that is well complemented by other strengths based positive change models of development and transformation. While the seed of this global revolution are very much taking root around the globe, all the possible fruits of strengths based approach to change have not yet been fully realized. The driving question behind the training are:
Can we find better ways to create the vibrant, peaceful, sustainable, and flourishing communities we all want? The answer propelling us forward is: Yes We Can!
The fuel for these positive changes is: Appreciative Inquiry and other strengths Based Approaches.
During this Training we will share and explore together many innovative applications of Appreciative Inquiry and other Strengths Based Approaches for change and development that are currently being used to develop the positive personality and address the developmental challenges of 21st century.
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY
Appreciative Inquiry Approach was first used in 1980 when David Cooperrider, a young doctoral student at Case Western Reserve University in USA. According to him, Appreciative Inquiry is the cooperative co-evolutionary search for the best in people, their organizations and the world around them. It involves the discovery of what gives “life” to a living system when it is most effective, alive and constructively capable in economic, ecological and human terms. AI involves the art and practice of asking questions that strengthen a system’s capacity to apprehend anticipate and heighten positive potential. The inquiry is mobilized through the crafting of the “unconditional positive question”, often involving hundreds or thousands of people. AI intervenes focus on the speed of imagination and innovation; instead of the negative, critical and spiraling diagnoses commonly used in organizations. The discovery, dream, design and destiny model links the energy of the positive core to changes never thought possible.
- As Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a highly adaptable philosophy and process for engaging people in building the organization and world that they want to work and live in. By encouraging a broad range of stakeholders, both within and outside the system to ask positive questions about peak experiences or successes, create shared meaning of the answers, and act on the responses. AI serves as a wellspring for transformational change.
WHAT IS ADVANCED LEVEL APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY TRAINING (ALAI)?
To create the positive vibration and Appreciative Inquiry culture in organization and society, Advanced Level Appreciative Inquiry Training is designed for those who want to develop their career as positive transformative leaders. In this training, participants will able to learn theoretical foundation as well as application aspects of Appreciative Inquiry. After this training, they will able to understand how AI is different than other approaches to bring the positive transformation in the organizations as well as individual life. Participants of this training will be able to learn the Appreciative Inquiry Training designing and facilitation skills based on positive core of the existing situation of organizations and society as well.
Advanced Level Appreciative Inquiry Training includes mini-lectures, and experiential learning (individual, pairs, trios, small group, and large group) as well as auditory and visual materials to enhance the learning experience.
This training is designed for:
- Those who are trying to make a change either personally or professionally
- Who like to enhance their effectiveness as a leader
- Those who are trying to help an employee with a change they would like to make
- Those who want to unleash their positive potential for the changes they seek?
|Leaders and Coaches in businesses and corporations,
School Principals, Teachers and Administrators
Anyone who wants to learn how to facilitate Appreciative Inquiry.
Government Officers, I/NGOs Managers, Mid-Level Managers and Positive Leaders
Political Leaders and Social Activists
- We encourage a team of at least two people from each organization, group, or community to attend so they can return home ready to co-facilitate AI sessions.
- The main objective of the training is; to transfer the transformational change skill to the participants by application of Appreciative Inquiry in their organizations as well as personal life including following specific objectives;
- Make them able to design and facilitate the Appreciative Inquiry Training based on positive core
- Make them bale to identify the positive core in any adverse or worst situation so that they bring the positive change in their organizations and life
- Plan to implement solutions at work or in their personal life to achieve their professional or personal goals.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND HOURS
The training hours will be 9 AM to 5PM with 1 hour lunch break and 15 minutes tea breaks for two times.
The course fee
USD 150$ /- ( NRs. 15,000) for Nepalese and SAARC participants and 350$ for foreigners. The fee will include course materials, tea/coffee, lunch and tuition fee for the course and follow-up after the course.
- Day One – Experiencing Appreciative Inquiry
Evolution of Appreciative Inquiry and Theoretical Foundations
- AI and Transformative Change
- Application of AI in Different sectors
- Discovery – Theory and Practice
Day Two – Understanding the power of Appreciative Inquiry
- Appreciative Inquiry and other Strategy for change
- Power of questions and Question Crafting Techniques
- Dream Theory and Practice
- Day Three – Planning
- Design Theory and Practice
- Destiny Theory and Practice
- AI based Training/Project Designing and Presentation
- UNIQUE FEATURES of THIS TRAINING
- Believe in Individual Potentialities
- Friendly and Intimate Relationship among the Participants
- Understanding each client, their business, and their aspirations.
- Intensive and experiential.
- Infused with Appreciative Inquiry
- Mentoring included
- Low cost
For Participation and Other Detail Information:
Eastern Research Institute of Positive Science (ERIPS), New Baneshwor
Anil Paudel: Executive Officer
Mobile: 9855053654 Email: email@example.com Office: 01-6217277